After a few years, vehicles often need a refresh. Sometimes, a business vehicle needs a fresh look to draw in new business. Other times, the paint on a vehicle has started to chip (caused by things like weather, sand, rocks, moisture, even bird droppings). However, a new paint job is not only expensive, but it could damage the resale value and it takes, on average, a week to complete—sometimes up to three depending on the vehicle size. If you’ve been putting off getting that new paintwork, car wraps are a fast, inexpensive solution! Here are the basics you need to know about wrapping your car.
What is Vinyl Wrap?
A vinyl car wrap is a thin, adhesive film that is applied over the paint of your car. But what’s great about this is it’s not just a decal that covers one area—it can literally wrap around your entire vehicle—and it allows you to change the car’s appearance temporarily, keeping the paint underneath protected.
Why Vinyl Vehicle Wraps?
There are many benefits to wrapping your car in vinyl. As stated earlier, it protects the paint underneath. It’s also easily removable, customizable, low cost and quick to apply. Wraps also require little maintenance and are highly durable. And it fits like a glove! When we create the wrap together with you, it is custom made to fit your vehicle, working with the locations of the doors, windows and lights to have maximum impact.
For business vehicles and fleets, a wrap is a great way to advertise your services 24/7. Think about this:
- Americans drive an average of 29 miles per day. That's a big window of undistracted opportunity to get in front of potential customers.
- Individual vehicle advertising generates between 30,000-70,000 daily vehicular impressions.
- Color improves brand recognition by 80%. A well designed wrap is going to stick in prospects minds.
What are the Options with Vinyl Wrap?
But the best part about vinyl car wraps are all the options!
- Digital Print: Any kind of graphic design can be wrapped around your vehicle with cutting edge digital printing.
- Matte: Matte is a popular choice, especially in black. Though it is often used for personal vehicles in lieu of a costly paint job, a matte look almost always grabs the attention of onlookers.
- Color Change: Sometimes we just need a color change. By using a vinyl wrap in a solid, new color, you can the change your car’s color at a fraction of the price of a paint job, plus you can remove the vinyl at any time if you want to change the color back.
- Carbon Fiber: Ideal for cars in the motor vehicle industry, a textured vinyl wrap can give your vehicle a luxury, high-end feel. It can be applied to the exterior, or just to the gear shift or dashboard on the interior.
- Fluorescent: Thanks to state-of-the-art design techniques, you can make your ride really stand out, even glow in the dark! It can look great when used for racing (as shown below), for safety purposes or even as just as decal.
Epic Signs & Graphics will work together with you to ensure you are pleased with the end result. Custom vehicle wraps truly are a great way to market your business and/or give your car the facelift it needs at a fraction of the cost and will last for years. Contact Epic Signs & Graphics today for a free estimate!